Chegg Reviews in 2022: Services, Support, Ratings
Best Schemes is supported by readers. Some links on Best Schemes are referral links. If you use one of these and buy something, Best Schemes may make a small amount of money
Chegg is a well-known education technology platform that was founded way back in 2005. The platform has helped more than three million subscribers get access to online tutoring. In addition, the company also hires and sells textbooks and provides an assortment of other student services.
We’ve trawled through countless Chegg reviews to put what you’re about to read together to provide you with a full look at this innovative platform. Today’s review will cover
- Products and services
- Pros and cons
- Help and support
- Alternatives to Chegg
Chegg Key Details
Who Benefits From Chegg Who Is It Best For?
Anyone aged 13 and up who needs a little help with homework, studying or private tutoring can take advantage of the Chegg platform. On top of this, students who need access to hardcover, softcover or eBooks get them on Chegg for heavily discounted prices. Chegg eBook reviews show that the process of renting and returning textbooks is a breeze.
What Different Products Does the Platform Provide?
Chegg aims to make the life of the modern day student easier and more efficient. And it does so successfully by providing students with the following products and services:
- Q&A: Chegg provides students with the ability to ask questions and receive answers to complex or pesky homework problems. In addition to live Q&A capability, there is an extensive database that has more than 6 million solved questions.
- Tutoring: Much more than a standard Q&A site, Chegg offers 24/7 private tutoring to those who need it. Chegg Tutor reviews show that the tutors are professional, knowledgeable and – most importantly – effective.
- Textbooks: Secondhand textbooks are available for sale and rent on the Chegg platform – some of which are discounted up to 90%! If you choose to rent a textbook, you have 21 days to return it. Did we mention that returning a textbook is free?
- Writing: Need a paper proofreading? Want to check for plagiarism? Need to improve your overall writing style and clarity? Chegg Writing will help with all of that.
- Math: Do you need a simple or detailed explanation of your math problem? Chegg can help you understand the root (pardon your pun) of your algebra, pre algebra, pre calculus, calculus and linear algebra problems.
- Studying: Chegg offers its users access to AP exam prep for free as well as access to millions of flashcards covering an assortment of subjects including (but not limited to) sociology, accounting, biology, history, law, religion and veterinary education. You can also use the platform to create your own flashcards.
- Internships: If you’re considering becoming an intern, use Chegg to search through thousands of available internships. Search by keyword and filter according to your city and state.
Plans & Pricing
So, how much is Chegg? The good news is that Chegg is affordable and reasonably priced. In terms of its textbooks, you have the option to either rent or purchase a book at a significantly discounted price. Textbooks aside, here are the different plans and pricing that Chegg offers its students.
- Weekly tutoring plans: 30 minutes of tutoring cost $15 per week or $48 for 120 minutes per week. This plan is only applicable to accounting, algebra, biology, calculus, chemistry, economics, finance, physics and statistics.
- Monthly tutoring plans: 60 minutes of tutoring costs $30 per month or $96 for 240 minutes per month. This plan is applicable to any and all subjects.
- Pay-As-You-Go tutoring plan: $6.95 per lesson. This plan is only applicable to accounting, algebra, biology, calculus, chemistry, economics, finance, physics and statistics.
- Writing plan: $9.95 per month
- Math plan: $9.95 per month
You need to simply pick the plan that suits your needs and budget best. Note that when you sign up for one of Chegg’s Tutors subscriptions your first 30 minutes of tutoring will be totally free. These free 30 minutes need to be claimed within the first 7 days of your enrollment. Once the 7-day Chegg Study free trial is over, your paid membership officially begins.
If you don’t want to go ahead after the free trial you’ll need to cancel your subscription which, according to Chegg student reviews at least, is easy to do. Is paying for Chegg worth it? We think so. If you’re not sure simply try out a free 30 minute lesson.
Chegg online tutoring reviews reveal that the platform is easy to navigate and features a simple design. All student services are listed on the header of the website so simply click on the service you wish to know more about.
But where Chegg really shines is in its mobile apps offering. It has a Chegg Study app that can be downloaded from the iStore or Google Play Store that provides you with access to step-by-step Textbook Solutions as well as live 24/7 homework help. You just need to upload a photo of your problem and someone will swoop in to help you solve it! Chegg Study reviews praise the app for its stability, user-friendliness and uptime.
Next up is the Chegg Math Solver app which enables users to upload photos of complex math problems and receive the help and support they need to solve it. It’s also available for download in the Google Play Store and iStore alike. Finally, we have the Chegg Prep app. This app is totally free and provides users with access to more than 500 million flashcards to help prepare for important tests. Chegg Prep is available as a web-based service, an iOS app and an Android app.
Overall, according to Chegg reviews homework help and preparation for tests are the areas in which this platform excels.
Help & Support
Chegg’s customer support is available via phone and live chat, seven days a week, from 5:00am to 10:00pm PT. Its social support hours are from 7:00am to 10:00pm PT, also every day of the week. While these extended support hours are massively convenient, unfortunately, a handful of Chegg.com reviews sometimes make mention of unresponsive customer service agents – especially when it comes to billing queries.
- 24/7 homework help available
- Verified answers provided
- Free trial
- Accounts are frequently suspended or “flagged”
- Issues with cancellation
- Customer support needs improvement
Chegg User Reviews & Testimonials
If you’re looking for Chegg reviews Reddit, social media and review sites like Yelp and BBB are where you’ll find your answers. The internet is the online place you need to look when searching for Chegg complaints and compliments alike.
Chegg tutoring reviews are mostly positive and speak of the abundance of services on offer, 24/7 access and topnotch tutors. On the other hand, Chegg negative reviews mention that accounts get flagged or suspended quite often and that the refund process typically takes a while.
Note that the available Chegg reviews on Yelp are primarily focused on its textbook renting, buying and selling services.
Are you looking for something that is a little different? Fear not, there are many alternatives to Chegg that you can investigate in your attempt to find the perfect homework helper. Here is how Chegg compares to two of its biggest competitors: Slader and Course Hero. Before we put them head to head, know that Chegg is the most well-known of the bunch.
Chegg vs Slader
Slader is entirely free to use but doesn’t offer any tutoring services. Instead, the platform focuses solely on providing answers from textbooks and the only one-on-one homework help you’ll find is in the comments section of the community centre. Note that you’ll be exposed to plenty of ads on Slader but you can pay to have them removed.
Chegg vs Course Hero
Course Hero, like Chegg, offers more than textbook-based answers – tutoring and other student services are available. You can choose between a free or paid plan but note that the free plan only provides you with partial answers. What IS great about Course Hero is that you can earn “free access” to full answers by referring people to the platform, uploading documents, or helping others with their homework.
In our humble opinion, Chegg is the secret weapon that every student needs in their back pocket. Chegg ratings are high and its alternatives simply don’t compare. What we love most about the platform is that it’s more than a tutoring service, it has a wealth of services that every student will need at some point or another in their academic journey – all at student-friendly (or parent-friendly!) prices.
If after reading our Cheggs review you’re still on the fence, we recommend reading through other verified Chegg reviews that have been written by past and present users alike. Or simply take advantage of the Chegg Study free trial and make your decision from there.
Yes! Chegg Answers are always correct. All answers are checked, verified and up to date before they are added to the large database of answered questions. Very few Chegg reviews question the correctness of answers and all-in-all students seem to be very happy with their answers.
Absolutely. Chegg is legit. It’s an established business that has been operating for almost twenty years. It has more than three million subscribers, which should put your mind at ease.
If there’s one thing all Chegg reviews make mention of it’s that the platform is incredibly simple to use. All you need to do is determine the level of help you need, be matched with various tutors, pick the tutor you’d most like to work with and take the lesson.