If you are looking for a secure email service then look no further than ProtonMail. It comes with end-to-end encryption and incredible security features. The main aim of the email service is to protect every user and their privacy and secure them against cyberattacks.
The company has various support centers across the world, including Taipei, Skopje, Taiwan, and Macedonia. It offers round-the-clock support and vigilance of critical applications for all kinds of users.
Currently, ProtonMail is supported and loved by over 10,000 people in the world who also participated in an overwhelming crowdfunding campaign.
- End-to-end encryption or zero-access encryption service for contacts, email, and calendar.
- Every data is stored on servers based in Switzerland.
- Apps available for IOS and Android users
- Easily strips IP addresses right from emails
- Easily imports emails and contacts via the bridge
- It doesn’t encrypt email subject lines
- It still uses phone number verification
Features of ProtonMail
It has the potential to send ‘self-destructing messages’ that get deleted automatically once the sender clears it.
- It uses Address Verification as an important way to make sure that a Public Key provided by another user isn’t been tampered with/modified with.
- It offers complete PGP support
- It offers premium accounts that come with a versatile range of benefits and features
- It offers Android and Ios apps
- It comes with the ability to shoot encrypted emails to other users
- It comes with a special tool called Proton Bridge that helps users to integrate ProtonMail with other email services
- It also offers SMTP protocols that allow you to import emails from any other service into your ProtonMail.
Technical Specifications of ProtonMail
ProtonMail users’ state-of-the-art security features and encryption standards ensure an optimum level of protection for your messages. The unique algorithms that ProtonMail use include open source versions of AES and RSA followed by OpenPGPjs algorithms, including:
- TLS 1.0
- DHE RSA
- SHA 3
ProtonMail offers ProtonContacts which is nothing short of a secure content manager. It’s smartly integrated into it to give users the safest way to protect contacts while working on it.
In fact, it’s easily implemented in all mobile apps and makes use of digital signature verification to don’t give access to anyone.
The email service also offers an encrypted email calendar that helps you to encrypt all the data. It can also easily interact with other email service providers.
It is also likely to add iOS and Android apps and include calendar sharing, event invitations to anyone, and a function to sync the calendar with events in the inbox.
Proton Mobile Apps
The email service offers apps for Android and Ios platforms.
Is It Really Safe & Secure?
There’s a lot of discussion going on about the safety features of ProtonMail. Hence, there’s a mixed bag of reactions from users and reviewers across the world.
However, ProtonMail actively responds to the criticism and queries of users to eliminate every doubt. Hence, the email service provider is quite safe and secure when it comes to sending and receiving emails. It is the biggest and most reputed name when it comes to private email services. It makes it an easy target for criticism.
ProtonMail: Plans & Pricing
It precisely offers 4 plans, including:
- Free tier plan containing 500MB storage wherein one can send 150 messages/day. Users get 3 folders.
- Plus Plan
- Professional Plan
- Visionary Plan
When it comes to the safest private email service provider then no one can beat ProtonMail. It also offers a free plan with basic and limited features to all starters.
However, if you want to interact with your clients, friends, and family in the safest way then it offers the safest encrypted communication online. But, if you want encryption for subject lines also then look up Tutanota.