Grailed is known to be a consignment site that offers men’s clothing. Also, at this site, you buy as well as clothes and accessories. The site has been functioning for a few years and is quite popular among people. But the main question is whether it is legit or a scam.
Grailed is the best place to get hard-to-find items and people like to sell things on the site which is not possible on other sites. However, there are some drawbacks of this site and one of them is to know what exactly you are looking for as they have a massive selection. It seems to be a legit site for buying as well as selling clothes.
Ways to avoid being scammed on Grailed as a buyer
- If you are buying something then do it from a reputed seller with positive feedback.
- Check the profile of the seller and see how many sales they have done
- Check the product description and every other detail
- If you are unaware of something then you can ask the seller for some information/pictures
- Read the Grailed policies carefully as a buyer
- Always go for PayPal as it offers buyer’s protection
Ways to avoid being scammed on Grailed as a seller
- Be aware of buyers that ask for refunds or chargebacks.
- Stay away from buyers who ask to pay outside Grailed.
- Try avoiding payments via gift cards, money orders, etc. as these are methods of scammers.
- Read all the policies of Grailed related to returns/cancellations.
Know the working of Grailed
This is a clothing resale site that is designed for buyers to get their hands on rare and designer items. Also, it is for sellers to sell clothes. The sellers can post the pictures they want to sell and can set the price. Also, buyers can know the listings and can follow the sellers to reach them easily.
It is free to sell on Grailed but some commission is to be given after every sale. Whereas for buyers, shipping is included in every item’s price but international buyers need to pay an extra amount.
- Why it is so cheap?
It does not have any overhead costs as it is a small and niche site. Also, there is very less competition on this site. The last thing is that it is community-driven and it cuts out the middleman.
- Is it safe shopping from Grailed?
There are some things that you need to keep in mind while shopping which are to seller’s profile as well as reviews, use the payment option which takes care of your protection, and stay away from fake items. However, it is safe to shop from Grailed.
- Does it have fake stuff?
It is hard to say but some fake items are there on this site. It is slightly difficult to know which listing is real or not. Also, there is no guarantee about the sayings of a seller. However, you can research the seller well, check the past sales, and check the reviews as well as the profile page to avoid buying fake products.
- Is it necessary for sellers to use PayPal for Grailed?
Yes, every seller must have a PayPal business account as this ensures the protection of the buyers.
- How long do they take to ship items?
They promise to ship the item within 7 days after the order is placed. But in rare cases, it can take longer than that. However, you can always contact their customer care team.
- How does Grailed ship the orders?
For domestic orders, they offer standard shipping, express shipping, as well as same-night shipping. Whereas international orders are shipped via standard and express mail. But in some cases, they are done by a third-party courier service.
- Do they use USPS?
Sellers can choose the option of USPS and even private courier.
- Do they send shipping labels?
If you are buying from someone located in the US, then they will send the shipping label. Otherwise, they will not send the shipping label and it is required to be purchased from a third-party site.
- What is the fee?
They have a 9% fee on the sales. It is charged to the seller for using Grailed’s services. Also, this fee is to ensure that buyers are getting a fair price and helps in running the site.
- How do people get scammed on Grailed?
Some people get scammed on Grailed when someone offers any item at a very less price and quickly. Also, the seller might send some pictures and ask for money upfront. Also, some people get scammed by not getting the placed order or by getting overcharged by the seller.
- Where they are located?
They are headquartered in New York City. Grailed was founded in the year 2013 by Arun Gupta, Julian Connor, as well as Jake Matzgerr.
- How to get money back from the site?
Sellers have the option to select or reject the offer and buyers have the option to make the offer and cancel the purchase. There is also a fee of 9% and the site guaranteed that the buyers will get the money back in case the order gets canceled. Plus, sellers guarantee to send the order within seven days if they get the payment within three days. Otherwise, both are subject to some penalties.
- How to get a refund on PayPal?
Here is what you need to do:
- Login to the PayPal account and tap on the ‘History’ option.
- Search for the transaction and tap on the ‘Details’ option.
- Tap on the ‘Request a refund’ link and go as the instructions say.
- You will get a response from PayPal within 24 hours.